Effective Date: June 26, 2017
1. Collection of Information
The Site collects information from individuals by various methods, including, but not limited to the list herein, which is inclusive of online or offline. (As used herein, "online" means using the Internet, including the Websites, and related technologies, and "offline" means by methods other than online, including in person, in the postal mail, using telephones and cell phones, and other similar means) methods. In these methods, the Site may ask an individual to provide various information, which may include his or her name, email address, street address, zip code, telephone numbers (including cell phone numbers and carriers), birth date, gender, salary range, education and marital status, occupation, social security number, employment information, personal and online interests, user behavior, other demographic information and such other information as may be requested from time to time (together, "Personal Information"). Providing information is completely voluntary, and individuals are under no obligation to provide Personal Information to the Site.
By submitting Personal Information to the Site, you grant the Site and its Affiliates the right to use that information for marketing purposes. The Site may also use such information for content improvement and feedback purposes. The Site reserves the right to release current or past member information in the event the Site believes that the membership is being or has been used in violation of its Terms of Service or to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed, if the Site is sold or acquired, or when the Site deems it necessary or appropriate. By agreeing to these terms, you hereby consent to disclosure of any record or communication to any Third Party when the Site, in its sole discretion, determines the disclosure to be appropriate.
a. Information Collected from You
- Survey Information. Survey information is for the purposes of providing data to the Site to represent to its customers and to assist the Site in improving its experience for its customers.
- Quote Information. Quote information is for the purposes of providing consumers with quotes for services from service providers including but not limited to various mortgage loans, insurance products, credit card offers and other service offerings.
- "Subscription" occurs when an end-user registers for the Site's services, via registration at our website. The Site collects personally identifiable information about our subscribers, based on: information gathered at the time of registration, subscriber interaction and response to subsequent electronic mailings and website use.
- Requests for Assistance or Service. When an individual requests assistance through the Site’s customer service department, and when an individual voluntarily subscribes to a the she Site's service or newsletter (together, "Other Information").
b. Automated collection of information
The Site currently uses cookie and web beacon technology to associate certain Internet-related information about an individual with information about the individual in our database. Additionally, The Site may use other new and evolving sources of information in the future (together, "Technology Information").
- Cookies. A cookie is a small amount of data stored on the hard drive of the individual's computer that allows The Site to identify the individual with his or her corresponding data that resides in the Site 's database. Individuals who use the Websites need to accept cookies in order to use all of the features and functionality of the Websites.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page, but can also be used to transfer an individual's unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database and associate the individual with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows The Site to track certain website an individual visits online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes.
- New Technology. The use of technology on the Internet, including cookies and web beacons, is rapidly evolving, as is The Site's use of new and evolving technology. As a result, The Site strongly encourages individuals to revisit this policy for any updates regarding its use of technology.
- Usage Tracking and Log Files. The Site tracks information related to the electronic mailings and web pages viewed by users and subscribers, as well as the hyperlinks clicked by subscribers, while viewing our emails or visiting our websites. Log files are used to track and monitor subscriber usage.
- IP Address. We collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address to help diagnose problems with our server, to gather information on your proximity to improve your the Site experience and to administer this The Site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Your IP address is also used to help identify you during a particular session and to gather broad demographic data.
- Clear GIFs. We use a common technology known as a "Clear GIF" or "1-by-1 Pixel" on the Site and in e-mail communications with users. A Clear GIF or "graphic interface format" is a small graphic (in fact, truly a 1x1 pixel) that we (or our partners) place on a page of the Site. We may also occasionally place GIFs in e-mail messages that we send to users. GIFs, which do not contain any PII, provide us with important information about how users use the Site and respond to e-mail messages. With this information, we are better able to track the performance of certain promotions and understand the effectiveness of particular creative e-mail presentations. We may also allow our advertisers and promotional partners the ability to use GIFs on the Site solely to track users who link from their respective the Sites to this The Site, but this ability to track such activity does not allow these entities access to user PII.
c. Outside Information.
The Site may receive information about individuals from Third Parties or from other sources of information outside of The Site including information located in public databases ("Outside Information").
d. No Information Collected from Children.
The Site will never knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If The Site obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. Because it does not collect such information, The Site has no such information to use or to disclose to Third Parties. The Site is designed this policy in order to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA").
e. Links to External Websites.
2. Use of Individual Information.
a. Our use of your information.
- Email and Unsubscribe Policy. The Site uses Personal Information to provide promotional offers by email to individuals. The Site may maintain separate email lists for different purposes. If email recipients wish to end their email subscription from a particular list, they need to follow the instructions at the end of each email message to unsubscribe from the particular list. To unsubscribe from all The Site's email lists, a person must send an email to email@example.com. The Site unsubscribe process impacts only the future delivery of electronic mailings disseminated by the Site on its own behalf.
- Content of Email Messages. In certain commercial email messages sent by The Site, an Advertiser's name will appear in the "From:" line but hitting the "Reply" button will cause a reply email to be sent to The Site. The "Subject:" line of the Site email messages will usually contain a line provided from the Advertiser to The Site.
- Solicited Email. The Site only sends email to individuals who have agreed on the Websites to receive email from the Site. As such, the Site does not send unsolicited email messages. As a result, statutes requiring certain formatting for unsolicited email are not applicable to The Site's email messages.
- Telemarketing. The Site uses Individual Information to advertise, directly or indirectly, to individuals using direct mail marketing or telemarketing using telephones and cell phones. By registering and using this The Site, You acknowledge that the processing of your individual information may involve the transfer of such PII from within the European Economic Area ("EEA") to countries outside the EEA whose data protection regulation may not be as stringent as that within the European Union. We may use individual information to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising. By submitting Survey Information, Registration, or Quote Information request to the Site, you understand that the Site may contact you by telephone (on a recorded line), automated calling, automated call with pre-recorded message to facilitate a verified phone connection, email, or home mail delivery based on the information you provided to the Site in order to process and fulfill your request or offer you other products or services, even if you have opted into the National Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call list or the Do Not Call List of the Site or its affiliates. If the Site’s contacts you and you with to not be contacted again by the Site, then you should specifically make a request to the Site to not contact you again. Please note that the Site may maintain the information you provided whether you elect to use its services.
- Wireless Addresses. If the e-mail address you provide to The Site is a wireless e-mail address, you agree to receive messages at such address from The Site or its business associates (unless and until you have elected not to receive such messages by following the instructions in the unsubscribe portion of this policy). You understand that your wireless carrier's standard rates apply to these messages.
- Use of Technology Information. The Site uses Technology Information (1) to track a person's online browsing habits on the Internet, (2) to determine which areas of The Site's websites are most frequently visited. This information helps the Site to better understand the online habits of individuals so that The Site can target advertising and promotions to them.
- Profiles of Individuals. The Site uses Individual Information to make a profile of an individual. A profile can be created by combining Survey Information with other sources of Individual Information such as information obtained from public databases.
- Storage of Individual Information. The Site stores the Individual Information in a database on its' computers. Our computers have security measures (such as a firewall) in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under the Site's control. Notwithstanding such measures, the Site cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent its computers from being illegally accessed, and the Individual Information on them stolen or altered.
b. Dissemination of Individual Information.
- Marketing and Order Fulfillment. The Site will transfer Individual Information to Third Parties when necessary to provide a product or service that a person orders or requests from such Third Party while using The Site's web the Sites, when completing a Quote Information request or when responding to offers provided by The Site. The Site may also use a Third Party to provide you with information regarding The Site, its services and products or to provide you with Third party services and information which you have requested. All Third Parties associated with the Site have entered into an agreement with the Site, and are required to comply with all state and federal privacy regulations.
- By submitting a Quote Information request to the Site, you understand that Third Parties may contact you by telephone (on a recorded line), automated calling, mobile phone, SMS, email, or home mail delivery based on the information you provided to the Site in order to process and fulfill your request, even if you have opted into the National Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call list or the Do Not Call List of any internal company. If one of the Site’s Third Party partners contacts you and you with to not be contacted again by that Third Party with respect to your inquiry, then you should specifically make a request to that Third Party to not contact you again. Please note that the Third Parties may maintain the information you provided whether you elect to use their services.
- Legal Process. The Site may disclose Individual Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal processes.
- Access. Individuals have access to their Individual Information collected to provide an opportunity for an individual to correct, amend, or delete such information. Access can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. The Site may also grant advertising clients and email services providers' access to an individual's email address to verify the origin of the Individual Information collected.
c. Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
- Advertiser cookies and web beacons. Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies (together, "Advertisers") who place advertisements on the Web Sites and on the Internet generally may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other technology to collect information about individuals. The Site does not control Advertisers' use of such technology and The Site has no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about individuals.
- Links. The Websites and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to the websites of Third Parties. The Site is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. Linked websites may contain links to websites maintained by Third Parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. The Site does not operate or control in any respect any information, software, products or services available on such Third Party websites. The inclusion of a link to a web the Site does not imply any endorsement of the services or the Site, its contents, or its sponsoring organization.
3. Unsubscribe Procedures.
If you wish to discontinue receiving email messages from The Site you have several options:
- Unsubscribe from one email list. To unsubscribe from a particular list, follow the instructions in each promotional email message sent.
- Unsubscribe from all of the Site's email lists. We reserve the right to add Individual Information to multiple lists maintained by The Site. To globally unsubscribe from all of the Site's lists, send an email to email@example.com.
You may also remove your information from The Site's database. If you remove your information from The Site's database it will no longer be used by the Site for secondary purposes, disclosed to third parties, or used by the Site to send promotional correspondence to you. You may remove your information by sending your request in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Companies that collect personally identifiable information ("PII") from California residents and disclose such information to Third Parties (including affiliated entities) for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with Third Parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your PII not be shared with Third Parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address and postal address to: The Site or by mail to California Privacy Information c/o USAMortgageHelper, 2028 E Ben White Blvd Suite 240 #73367, Austin, TX 78741. In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to email@example.com.
For more information about protecting your privacy, you may wish to visit: www.ftc.gov. If you have questions about this policy, please contact us.